Numerous people throughout the world have been discussing and researching the Insulin Plant, or Costus Igneus, as it is scientifically known. Indeed, as predicted, the Insulin Plant received its name due to the anti-hyperglycemic properties of its leaves. Numerous studies have been conducted to determine Insulin Plant’s anti-diabetic potential. According to a cross-sectional human study published in the Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, regular consumption of Insulin Plant leaves by diabetic subjects resulted in a “statistically significant reduction in fasting and postprandial blood sugar levels in all patients who consumed the leaves.”
The following is a summary of the findings from the study:
- Patients treated with Insulin Plant leaf powder experienced a statistically significant improvement in their blood sugar levels.
- There were noticeable improvements beginning on day 15. Glycemic control was improved on the 60th day compared to the 15th and 30th days.
- Insulin doses could be halved in all insulin-dependent patients.
- Patients with uncontrolled blood glucose levels who were taking oral hypoglycemic medications (metformin and glibenclamide) or non-allopathic therapies were able to manage their blood glucose levels after eating the leaves.
- In patients with non-healing leg ulcers or recurrent urinary tract infections, the difficulties vanished.
- Patients who were previously unable to undergo cataract surgery due to fluctuating and elevated fasting blood sugar levels were able to do so successfully and without experiencing any post-operative complications.
- They will continue to take supplements containing Insulin Plant leaf powder because it aids in glucose management and protects them from diabetic complications.
According to the study’s summary, regular use of Insulin plant leaves in conjunction with other treatment modalities effectively provided glycemic control in diabetics, allowing for a 50% reduction in insulin dose. Previously uncontrollable blood sugar levels with oral hypoglycemic medications or non-allopathic treatments were now under control. There was no risk of developing diabetes, and eating insulin plant leaves had no documented adverse effects. As early as day fifteen, glycemic control was evident. It is critical to consume the aforementioned product on a consistent basis to reap the benefits.
This and other scientific studies have resulted in the use of Insulin Plant in a variety of forms, including tea, capsule, powder, and plain consumption of the leaves.
According to other reputable sources, the following benefits of the Insulin plant are detailed:
- It is believed that regular consumption of these leaves may help prevent the onset of serious diabetes-related health problems.
- It aids digestion by functioning as a naturally occurring prebiotic. It promotes the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the intestine.
- Antioxidants in the plant assist in the destruction of free radicals and protect the body against a variety of ailments.
- The insulin plant has the ability to store both salt and water. It is a diuretic. As a result, it may benefit your bladder and kidneys’ health.
- Due to its antibacterial properties, it can help protect your body from bacterial infections.
- It contains antioxidants, which aid in immunity promotion.
- By assisting in the breakdown of fat deposits and unnecessary toxins in the liver, the plant aids in the healing process.
- Several studies indicate that the insulin plant possesses anti-proliferative and anti-cancerous properties.
- Ties. As a result, it may be cancer-preventive.
- It may also help lower blood cholesterol levels. As a result, cardiovascular problems can be avoided.
- It can be used to treat sore throats due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Patients with asthma will also benefit from it.
The leaf of the Insulin plant contributes to the production of insulin. They maintain a healthy blood sugar level in our bodies. The dark green leaves contain a high concentration of corosolic acid and other beneficial elements. When consumed, this ingredient increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas. It cures the illness by causing abnormally high or low blood glucose levels. The plant is a winner due to its anti-diabetic properties. Costus igneus is a natural remedy that can be brewed at home to help alleviate the negative effects of diabetes.