This is a notice to inform you of the Joyful Source policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. The only access or collected information we have is what you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contacts from you.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, nor sell or rent any information to anyone, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Joyful Source may collect personally identifiable information, when you sign up on our membership site as a member on https://www.joyfulsource.com/. We collect information such as your:
- E-mail Address
https://www.joyfulsource.com/ may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you.
We may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Joyful Source encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Joyful Source so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Joyful Source is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Joyful Source website.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY?
We may collect information about you directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services. We also may collect information about you as an individual through our customers’ use of the AdBeacon technology.
- Information We Collect Directly from You. Certain areas and features of our Site and Services require registration. To register you must provide your First name, Last name, email address and password. We may collect information directly from you as a data subject through our AdBeacon Technology or third party integrators. This information may include images that Joyful Source converts into computer code and non-personally identifiable data based upon biometric information including facial detection , glance detection, ethnicity, age, gender, expression, presence movement, eye tracker, pupil dilation, emotional response, distance detection, geolocation (based on the location of the specific AdBeacon Technology), engagement time, hair style, clothes, accessories, body tracking, body temperature, weather conditions, body type, time, and crowd measurement.
- We at Joyful Source will not use facial detection to link image identification captured by AdBeacon Technology to identifying information not collected by the AdBeacon Technology. It is also important for individuals to understand that images captured by AdBeacon Technology are anonymized as they are processed by algorithms, not stored and rapidly converted into demographic data and the original image in which a person may be seen is discarded.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site via Google Analytics including the length of time you visit our Site and your movement through our Site.
- We also may collect the following information about your use of AdRemote: mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within AdRemote; and the length of time that you are logged into AdRemote.
Unlike information we receive through a customer’s use of AdBeacon technology, we may combine this information above with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, customer/employer name, your full name and password.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and we will not provide your personal information to any third party individual, government agency, or company at any time unless strictly compelled to do so by law.
We will use your e-mail address solely to provide timely information about.
We will maintain the information you send via e-mail in accordance with applicable federal law.
WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR LEASE ITS CUSTOMER LISTS TO THIRD PARTIES.
Joyful Source may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. Joyful Source may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Joyful Source, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Joyful Source will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Joyful Source or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Joyful Source; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Joyful Source, or the public.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mail sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
DATA UNDER EU GDPR COMPLIANCE
Here at Joyful Source, we respect and value the right to privacy. We are also consumers and know that it is our responsibility to build a company that protects consumer privacy. All of our and services are designed to protect privacy and personal data of consumers.
Joyful Source is considered a “data processor” under the guidelines of the GDPR. Our customers are primarily considered to be “data controllers”, and are responsible for meeting additional privacy or consent gathering requirements for their individual use case.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION WITH YOU
When you use Joyful Source website, you agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on services and how to obtain the most from using our website
Joyful Source processes this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
Joyful Source shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS WITH YOUR CONSENT
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. Joyful Source may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
Joyful Source continues to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us [email@example.com]. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS FOR THE PURPOSES OF LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
Joyful Source may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our [organizational or business]
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage [organizational or business] risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION UNDER GDPR COMPLIANCE
Joyful Source is subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE UNDERSTANDING THAT IT WILL BE SHARED WITH A THIRD PARTY
Joyful Source website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- posting a message our forum
- tagging an image
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
WE DO NOT SPECIFICALLY USE THIS INFORMATION EXCEPT TO ALLOW IT TO BE DISPLAYED OR SHARED.
We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. Joyful Source and its website accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of such information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Joyful Source is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information collected through the AdBeacon technology about images captured and associated data with our customers for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
COMPLAINTS REGARDING CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITE
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
The Site may contain health- or medical-related materials or discussions regarding sexually explicit disease states. If you find these materials offensive, you may notwant to use our Site. The Site and its Content are provided on an “as is” basis.
Links to educational content not created by Joyful Source are taken at your own risk and is not responsible for the claims of external websites and education companies.
OPT-OUT & UNSUBSCRIBE
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. As we do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- To not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- To identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- To include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- To monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- To honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- And to Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
At any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com, or by following the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
1712 13th St.
Sacramento, CA 95811 US
Last Updated on 2020-25-5
Copyright © 2021 Joyful Source