Do you constantly wake up and feel tired? Does it always feel like you aren’t getting enough sleep? Is the idea of a nap so tempting that you might fall asleep at work?
If any of these are a regular occurrence in your life, then you might be suffering from a lack of quality sleep. Proper sleep allows you to get up early, feel refreshed and it should motivate you to get something done. It seems virtually impossible to achieve this if you’ve never experienced it. Far too many people are completely used to waking up and feeling groggy, but here are a few tips that will teach you how you can get some quality sleep.
Create the best sleeping environment possible
First, make sure you create the best sleeping environment you can.
- Fresh air. You don’t want your bedroom to get stuffy when you’re sleeping, so make sure there is some fresh air in the room or consider leaving a window open if it’s not too cold.
- Keep it dark. Light can easily distract us, so wear a comfortable eye mask or get thicker curtains so that the light doesn’t bother you.
- Keep it quiet. Keep your door closed and turn off the vibrate function on your phone so you aren’t distracted by sounds.
- A comfortable mattress. Take a look at Best Beds Boutique to find the perfect mattress for your needs. You want to be comfortable when you’re sleeping, not waking up with a bad back.
- The right temperature. Speaking of comfort, make sure it’s not too hot or too cold when you sleep. Too hot and you’ll sweat during your sleep, too cold and you’ll freeze and wake up cold.
- Soft clothing. Lastly, make sure you wear some proper clothes. These should be comfortable and make it easy for you to move around at night.
Turn off your electronics and stop getting distracted
Make sure you turn off all of your electronics before you go to bed. This will prevent you from getting distracted. For example, many people like to use their phones when they go to bed, and it distracts them from actually trying to fall asleep. If you have a television or laptop in your room, keep them away from the bed so you aren’t tempted to use them.
Practice a bedtime routine and stick with it
It’s important to have a solid bedtime routine that you can stick to. Your body and mind can tell when it’s time for bed if you repeat the same activities, so try to make it a regular routine. Whether it’s taking a warm bath before bed and listening to some soothing music, modify your bedtime routine to fit your own needs. Get the best pillow for a real comfortable sleep, read and get more information on WifeKnows.com
Stop napping so much during the day
Lastly, stop napping so much. It messes with your internal clock and doesn’t help with your health. Sleep longer, not more frequently. Get at least 6 to 8 hours of sleep per night so you don’t feel the need to nap later on during the day.